Presearch Communities

Communities would be a way to curate search results in alignment with the community of subscribers. An NFT would give you ownership of a community. This would allow you to curate search results for your community based on keywords and search criteria. Initially only subscribers would see these particular curated search results if they toggle on their community results. If you are subscribed to multiple communities you must prioritize so that if there are any competing results your preference will be displayed and a notification is shown so that you know there are other community results.

Example: you purchase a Community NFT for 10k PRE from presearch or a secondary sale. The NFT attached to your Presearch account allows you to rearrange or change any search results based on keywords or search queries. If you are a good community owner and provide value to people by helping them find what they are looking for more easily then you will attract community subscribers. Let’s say you charge 4 PRE/month subscription and its 75/25 (you/presearch) % split this would mean every subscriber you add you receive 3 PRE/month and Presearch receives 1 PRE. Let’s say you have 1k subscribers you could make 3k PRE per month and presearch would receive 1k/month. If you have 10k subscribers this could earn you 30k PRE/month and presearch 10k.

This model is a unique way to allow for better results based on your preferences. A biking community might have much better results when searching bike related queries or crypto community the same. The communities are endless Catholics, Freedom, Guns, Democrats, raising kids, cars, Joe Rogan, Bongino, RFK, etc.

Subscribers will only remain subscribers if they see value in their subscription. In this way presearch could eventually leverage these community curated results to enhance the regular presearch experience. The community’s with the most subscribers obviously providing value to many people could potentially benefit many more by placing the top community results somewhere on the page 1-2 results of regular presearch results. So unlike any other search engine presearch could have aggregated results from multiple search APIs it’s own indexed results and even its own communities’ results. Further differentiating itself from all other search engines.

It also provides PRE utility, income to presearch, income to NFT owners and value to the platform.

More details on discord

6 Likes

4 points I wanted to share about this Presearch Community concept:

1. The more communities we can onboard to Presearch the better for overall adoption. Instead of 1 person at a time onboarding, if implemented this could bring over hundreds or thousands of people at a time.

2. Presearch needs to develop options for everyday people to build businesses off of the Presearch platform/protocol. By doing this anyone with a mind and some hard work can build successful streams of income from this project. How many crypto enthusiasts would be selling their networks on Presearch if they had ways they could profit from it and from the success of the Presearch platform? How many users would explain the many new, unique, and innovative ways to profit from this platform bringing in many new entrepreneurs? Those people would be the biggest marketers for the project onboarded as many as they could because they could benefit as well as those they onboard. NO OTHER SEARCH PROVIDER HAS THIS GOING FOR THEM. Why not give the keys to the people and let them all onboard each other.

3. Need to have revenue back into Treasury to ensure rewards are sustainable. Communities provides Presearch revenue with 100% of initial sales and some % thereafter from resales of the NFTs. I would design it so that the cost of Community NFTs increase with the number of purchases so that initially cheap but more expensive as they become more popular. You could also make the “The Road to Mainnet” NFT collection more valuable by allowing those NFT owners discounts on initial sales of Presearch Community NFTs. This way early users who may not be the best at managing communities could still resell to others interested in the idea for more than they purchased it for but also providing some % income to Presearch with the resale. For resales current “The Road to Mainnet” NFTs could provide discount on the % portion that would normally go to Presearch. In order for the communities to thrive Community NFT owners must provide a valuable service to potential subscribers; if successful Good Community NFT owners could make a handsome profit from their efforts. If you had 10k subscribers each paying 4 PRE a month and the split was 75/25 (you/Presearch) you could make yourself 30k PRE a month and Presearch 10k a Month. The other way Presearch makes income from this concept is through these subscriptions. Again “The Road to Mainnet” NFT holders might get subscription discounts or rebates from the portion going to presearch. NFT owner and presearch both profit because presearch built it and sustain it and you provide the value to users while the users get better results for their subscription.

Imagine RFK or Dr. Malone/Dr. Peter McCullough, or AOC, Bongino, professional cooks, Bishops, etc. All purchasing community NFTs to curate results for their intended audiences. They can then tell their audiences about Presearch and have them join the revolution. Subscribers get the handpicked not computer or AI generated results they were looking for and everyone (User, Community NFT owner, and Presearch) is rewarded fairly.

The design should ensure everyone’s benefit, increase user adoption and stickiness, ensure sustainability of PRE by creating multiple streams of PRE income back into treasury, and its gamified in the sense that early investors might buy NFTs knowing the cost will increase over time and hoping to resell to someone interested in managing a community down the road, and in creasing the mote through multiple differentiators from other search providers.

1. Presearch must increase motes and create unique differentiation from other platforms. This concept provides Presearch another unique means of providing quality search results for the whole Presearch ecosystem. The most subscribed successful communities could have some of their top handpicked results mixed into the regular Presearch results on page 1 or 2 of the average users results. Non-subscribed users wont get everything a community offers but could get some of the most quality results from the biggest communities. Ultimately providing Presearch with aggregated results from other search providers, its own index, its own AI, and its own community via community owner hand selected results. Another first of its kind.
4 Likes

I may not be understanding this correctly… Doesn’t “curated” seem like pre-disposed and limited (to what the curator has “picked” or aggregated) results? Seems odd to pay for such. A “Bike” community seems like you would get consistently regurgitated results. Just not understanding how “best 10 speed bike tires” searched would be better if it came from the “Bike Community” rather than the “entire” internet. Would/could it always not be biased towards “X” manufacturer who the community “curator” gets paid by on the side? Or perhaps the “curator” had a bad experience with “X” mfg so they ban all results mentioning them… I’m probably misunderstanding the idea but why would someone pay for this? Seems antithetical to what the internet was supposed to be …wide open and pretty much “free”. I don’t use Facebook, but don’t they have “communities”? (I may be wrong) Seems very “social media” ish … Again, perhaps i’m not understanding the technical back end of what the NFT holder / Curator does to make searching better (do they run their own software to aggregate “bike” info they approve of??)

I could understand say “Dr Malone” search results when typing “COVID” or something …perhaps it contains transcripts for when he talked about it? Articles by him. But then couldn’t one just type “Dr Malone + COVID” and come up with the same info?

However, all that said. Perhaps PAID access to otherwise “private” databases or information :thinking:…Perfect example would be ENCYLOPEDIA.COM (owned by Cengage…an “educational content service company”" they offer services to Universities, libraries, students etc. THAT would be a “Community” I would pay for, for sure. Access to their “info” while searching “Volcanoes” or what not would hit a treasure trove of factual information, peer reviewed etc. not written and edited by “anyone with no credentials” that colleges don’t even accept citations from (Wikipedia) in papers. So now I kinda agree :slight_smile: Just had to type it all out … LOL

Yes you are correct at least in how I was thinking it would operate. Some communities that don’t do a good job of providing value will NOT get many subscribers. Your last example is a great one, another is freespoke (they are trying to be a search engine) and there are others. If Presearch gives all of these provers an avenue to gather on one platform we all win.

4 PRE a month is just throwing a number out there it might be 2 or 20 depending on the value the community owner can provide, what price they set, and what people are willing to pay. Four PRE would be .13 cents a month at todays price for context. For 13 cents I would pay to get results google and bing are not allowing on certain topics like covid, vaccines, elections, war, etc. If someone can curate peer reviewed articles, journals, or other evidence that Google and Bing are hiding that might be worth it for some people to use and share. You can also subscribe to multiple communities but you would be required to prioritize them in the event your search query has multiple communities results you will see your higher prioritized results and get a brief notification of what other subscribed communities have results for that query. These are all toggles like the AI once you are subscribed you can toggle on or off. Initially the value may be limited but so might the subscription costs. over time there would likely be amazing communities by the people and for the people.

Google’s index is probably the deepest in breadth and depth for ALL things which is why alot of people use it. But Google results can be beat on more narrow topics and they should be. There are search engine that can do this but then people have to go back for other searches. With communities you can get all your general results and your niche results on the same platform. But that won’t happen unless the right people and organizations are incentivized to do so. And that is what Google is counting on but afraid of. I am counting on decentralization and the people winning.

1 Like

Presearch Communities:
From what I gather from the Team it seems my original idea above for Presearch Communities cannot be created until Presearch creates it’s own index and storage roles. That being said based on Ben’s comments for more user preferences and control over both search and ad targeting I think there are a few steps that the Team could take now in route to the vision I laid out to begin to implement Presearch Communities and gain adoption. To be clear why Communities are an important idea, if done correctly this concept has the potential to onboard hundreds or thousands of new users overnight and grow the platform exponentially.

The Team completed the beta API in Q3 so that opens the possibility of private corporations communities or entities to be onboarded with their own branded search provider. for example HP or Dell could theoretically request access to the API and create an HP or Dell Search Provider (powered by Presearch). I assume without indexing all brands/communities would get the same great meta-style results but the homepage and result pages could have HP or Dell or you name it… branding. This is all well and good but what actual benefits do these companies or entities derive from this concept? And equally important what benefits does Presearch get for giving their decentralized search platform away?

With access to the Presearch API a brand/community could develop their own search provider even potentially with its own rewards system, advertising, and user interface. It would allow an innovator or even competitor to run its own search provider on the difficult to replicate Presearch decentralized backbone providing ample benefits to the branded/community search engine but potentially NO tangible benefit to Presearch other than searches on the API a net cost. To better align incentives and benefits, Presearch should ensure ability to still advertise to these potential presearch-unregistered (or registered) users so that presearch would be adding both new searches and potential ad revenue. Although this concept would be better for Presearch than for the Brand/community and users. Why? In this case all users get the same results and same ads which as Ben explained is less than ideal and possibly annoying or antithetical to those brands/communities. If the Team pursues this approach my fear is you don’t get uptake on this concept and therefore don’t grow users or revenue.

This leads to a recommended first step which is the creation of Communities/Branded search – which initially could allow ad curation and share ad revenue.

If we want to add substantial users/searches by onboarding corporate branded search, influencers, and communities there needs to be more incentive for them than just a cool branded search provider but there also needs to be benefits for presearch. I think the first step to entice uptake of this concept is to allow those entities to share a portion of the ad revenue. I think 30% or even 40% of ad revenue could be enticing for uptake/adoption. Meanwhile, Presearch would get something (60% of ad revenue) from users/searches they otherwise would not have had; this is still a great deal.

You can further incentivize this uptake if you gave the Community/Branded search the opportunity to curate ads. The simplest way to initially implement this would be to give each Brand/community ambassador/owner the complete list of advertising brands, products, and/or services that Presearch is leveraging and allow them to down-select or remove certain brands or types of ads that could be presented to that community/branded search. If you think about it this is partially what Ben is suggesting although not quite all in the users hands but a great first step at least on the ad side. Why would a Dell or HP want to allow ads from their competitors to be viewed on their employees work computers? They would likely prefer their products or at least ones not from their direct competitors. This is a choice and a feature no other search provider is offering. Why would Bongino or Crowder or name a large community only… want woke corporations like Target, Budweiser, Starbucks, etc. advertising to their communities who don’t support or align with those values? I can tell you they don’t! or the Catholic church or any Christian Church that may want a branded search option to then get abortion or gambling or some other anti-freedom of religion ads going to their parishioners employees or communities? They don’t want that but they currently don’t have a choice. Give them a platform and a voice on ads and eventually on search results (when index is implemented) and give them a share of the ad revenues and you will onboard millions to Presearch.

These communities are also great target markets for different diverse advertisers. Certain brands, products, and services will be busting down your doors to advertise to those targeted communities. Current advertisers would be interested in more targeted ad opportunities as well. If the owners don’t support some ads or ad types, fine they may make less revenue for themselves and/or presearch but could likely bring in other advertisers that are not even on your radar to fill the void possibly making more while maintaining alignment to their communities values. The communities would not have to sell their souls, the users would be appreciative, ads would be better targeted with much higher click throughs, and Presearch gains much needed adoption.

To build on all these ideas while still setting up the opportunity for Presearch to develop the rest of my vision above I would suggest they add a Communities search option with each onboarded Branded/Community so that all available branded/communities become available subscription selections to Presearchers. If subscribed to a community on Presearch, likely free at first, this would allow users to benefit from the Presearch user interface, updates, community packages, user profile settings, rewards, and aligned community values providing better targeted ads and clickthrough rates. Yes, Presearch may lose some 30-40% ad revenue but in exchange gain 60% on millions of new users easily offsetting this concern while opening the opportunity for loyal presearchers to gain some of the benefits from a community. It would allow users to get the same great search results and less annoying more targeted ads all the time. It also would open the possibility of being associated with multiple communities by subscribing to more than 1 in which case the user would have to prioritize their ordered community preferences. With this in place the vision outlined previously above becomes more seamless whereby indexing and storage roles could then create the opportunity for not only curated ads but also curated search results all while maintaining privacy and decentralization. Presearch - “What search was meant to be…”

With something like the above implemented imagine going to Dell or Dan Bongino who gets more active viewers on his live Rumble daily broadcasts than most cable TV networks. Now explain the benefits and how it could support his community and make earning advertising revenue from his viewers even easier, all while preserving their communities values. In the future with indexing they could get the ability to actually uncensor what Google has attempted to censor by curating their communities search results. And eventually even recurring revenue from presearch paid subscriptions if they choose to charge a subscription fee. This becomes a much easier pitch. Eventually you will get communities coming to you. I can tell you if Bongino uses, likes, and recommends presearch to his ripe 3+ million followers the vast majority of which hate Google you would get probably 100k-300k new users in a single month just from his followers.