Thoughts regarding "search staking" - and a proposal to set it up differently

Agree with Fabio. There is no perfect solution to address search rewards abuse, we already mentioned this in another thread here New User Incentives - #3 by XRPRE and New User Incentives - #20 by XRPRE we talked about this issue and tried to categorize it as a question of should the project reduce/replace search rewards with other equally beneficial actions?

In the end I think Presearch might unfortunately need to jettison all search rewards because it is just very hard to prevent fraud on this. Remains to be seen what the new construct will exactly look like or is being tested as. What amount of continued losses are worth it especially as the project gains more adoption there will likely be more scammers skewing searches and trying to farm tokens. I foresee people staking and trying to scam and getting slashed or not getting slashed and just causing more headaches for the project. I know some like the current search rewards and it is a nice selling point if it wasn’t costing the project too much. I am just trying to be real it is a difficult problem and can be costly.

Apparently instead of communicating with the community they may do a press release announcing the details of staking rewards that may or may not be any good?

Instead I would rather them be in here communicating information to the community about how or why they think some of these ideas can or cannot work. or provide a loose framework of what they are currently thinking and let the community potentially make it a better solution. They don’t have to agree with everything just like we won’t agree with all the teams decisions but there needs to be a better way to get things on the roadmap and have our community voices heard.

I will reiterate that actions speak louder than words. The actions of the new management team shows some promise at getting things accomplished but my main gripe is THE COMMUNITY HAS NO VOICE! And the actions so far are more aligned with VC investor values than community values. Do both build the future of search by building the platform that gives its community the most level playing field out there. Lots of utility and lots of opportunities.

1 Like